At ChiroMend, the goal of our physical therapy is to restore, preserve, and enhance movement and function that may have been impaired by injury, disability, or disease. That’s the technical, nutshell definition of what we do. What we really do is get you back to the things you like to do. But even better. Now, that’s much simpler.
Physical therapy involves a whole host of methods and techniques to accomplish your health goals. This can include therapeutic exercise, massage, electric muscle stimulation, balance and gait training, and education. While chiropractic care has a definite focus on the mobility of joints, physical therapy has more emphasis on getting all the muscles and joints working together properly and making sure that you maintain ideal posture.
Often we’re working with patients on rehabilitating core muscle groups or working on balance and gait training or helping to set up custom, easy to follow exercise programs. Just like our nutritional therapy, we understand how life can impact your therapy and treatment programs, and we work hard to make our recommendations and treatments work in your “real world”.
Our patents receive the same treatments, training and education that world class athletes and performers receive. Which is why we’re continually honing our craft, bringing cutting edge techniques in physical therapy and rehabilitation to our patients. Our therapy utilizes a variety of methods and techniques including:
- Custom Doctor Directed Exercise Therapy
- Core Muscle Rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Balance Training
- Gait Training
- Low-technology Based Home Exercise Plans
Leg, Foot, and Ankle Procedures
- Biomechanical Movement Analysis
- Gait Analysis
- Heel/foot Lifting Procedures
- Custom Made Foot Orthotics
- Custom Shoe Modifications
- Professional Foot Measurements
- Individualized Shoe Recommendations
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Hot and Cold Applications
- Extremity Paraffin Wax Application
- Long Axis Traction
- Lordotic Traction